Home GuitarPCB Forum Show Off Your Build NostalgiTone 70’s Complete!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

This is GuitarPCB’s second offering in the NostalgiTone “flavors”. And what a sweet flavor it is! This series is a great way to have a combo build without any of the headaches associated with combos. With Barry and his team designing the artwork, and including a drill guide, they have taken all the hard work out of these builds. Time to plug it in and take it for a test drive!

Barry
    Keymaster

Excellent job!

I’m eager to learn about your experience with how the three circuits complement each other. While you’re at it, could you also test these three circuits alongside the ones available in the NostalgiTone 60’s you built? Yes, they’re all designed to work seamlessly together – I made sure of that. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Steve
    Participant

6 different pedals, in 2 enclosures, with a combined total of 20 control knobs and 3 control switches. Add 2 more knobs and 2 switches on the guitar and that equals a whole lot of tone capabilities!!
    Let me say first off I love fuzz pedals! The fuzz on the 60’s edition is sweet! Sounds even sweeter when it is run through the tremolo buffer by using the kill switch. Add in the Tweed circuit from the 70’s edition, with the high gain switch on and stand back! The British and the Boost are great together as is the British and the OD from the 60’s pedal. I guess what I am trying to say is that I haven’t found a bad combination of effects on either of these pedals. These two pedals really complement each other! It’s obvious the people at GuitarPCB really did their homework designing these two pedals.

Barry
    Keymaster

I’m thrilled to hear about your experience, especially when utilizing all the circuits from both NostalgiTone products.

The possibilities are endless.

Starting with the Rangemaster Boost from the NostalgiTone 70s first in your chain is incredibly versatile. It can boost your clean amp tone on its own, or in the configuration you’ve showcased in your photo, it becomes a tool to enhance any of the three “Foundation” amplifier tones found in the NostalgiTone series: 70s Tweed, 70s British, or 60s Overdrive (Bluesbreaker).

The Tremolo Buffer circuit seamlessly complements all five of the previous circuits in this configuration. Moreover, integrating the Tremolo LFO via the Kill switch allows you to incorporate Tremolo effects alongside all three foundation amp tones. 60s Overdrive (Bluesbreaker), 70s Tweed, and 70s British.

Additionally, beyond the evident tandem applications, experiment with connecting these pedals into the Return of your amp loop. This removes the always-in-series preamp from your amplifier, providing the pure tone of the three available “Foundation” preamp tones directly to your amp’s power amp. Typically, you’ll need to engage one of those base preamps while incorporating other effects. Success varies based on the amplifier used.

Lastly, the convenience of needing only three cables for a total of six circuits (including three “Holy Grail” preamps) contributes to the overall enhancement of your tone while remaining all analog in design.

I appreciate your post and recognizing the careful thought and planning that goes into these projects.

Enrico Vinluan
    Participant

I will soon build my own. I’m excited to have this part of my pedal board soon. It is encouraging to hear that this NostalgiTone 70’s is seamlessly designed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.