Home GuitarPCB Forum GuitarPCB Build Support NooB Help – Sunn T (solved)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, hoping to get some expertise and assistance on my Sunn T build, which I ordered as a kit through Pedal Parts and Kits.

FIrst, shout out to Pedal Parts and Kits for a very nice kit.  This is my third pedal kit, and the two others I purchased elsewhere were not as nice.  This kit had quality wires, knobs, very organized parts and even pot condoms.  So, was very happy with all that!

Not so happy that the “completed” pedal makes no noise.  When switched off, the guitar audio passes through fine.  When the footswitch is depressed, the signal cuts out.  There’s a bit of very light noise, but no loud humming or buzzing.  The LED lights up, and I was able to get the FETs biased to 5v.  But no sound.

Here’s some pics:

Appreciate any guidance or tips on further diagnosing the issue.

Playsforfun

Happy Holiday Bill. Compared to my Sunn-T doc, it looks like the DPDT is wired incorrectly.

Barry
    Keymaster

I would temporarily wire it without the switch to make sure the circuit itself is working properly.

Then I would test continuity pattern of the switch (type 1 or type 2) to determine correct wiring.

The New Sunn T doc is the proper wiring for the circuit.

Anonymous

Thanks, I used the updated diagram – the old one threw me for a loop, as I thought maybe that was my issue.

Anonymous

Barry, thanks!  I did as you suggested and the PCB worked fine!  I tested the normal/bright switch, seemed ok.  Wired it back in, and the pedal now worked.  Appreciate the suggestion.

Now I’m laying down some thick, heavy tones, Sunn Model T style!

Barry
    Keymaster

Awesome!

Share your build if you like.

Anonymous

Here’s the gut shot (in retrospect, the bride/normal switch should have been on the other side, I think):

And the final product (not the fanciest looking sticker, but it fits the ’70’s utilitarian vibe:

Bruce R

Thank you Bill for the shout out to Pedal Parts and Kits. I appreciate you spreading the word that our kits are superior to most. We do our best to separate ourselves from the rest!

Bruce R
    Pedal Parts and Kits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.