Home GuitarPCB Forum General DIY Pedal Discussion Super/Kent Tone TwEQ confusion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

I’m about to order the Tone TwEQ add on board, but the only guide I can find is for the Super Tone TwEQ.

Additionally I can only seem to find the original Tone TwEQ on the site.

Am I missing something or just getting senile early?

Jeff
    Participant

Correction, I’m an idiot and just didn’t see the link on the Tone TwEQ page <facepalm>

so, next question before I whip out the credit card, is it worth doing/possible to cram the Super Tone TwEQ into a build to add active EQ to an overdrive?

wilkie1

The Super Tone TwEQ has the advantage of a MID range that can be swept to zero in on the tone that you want.  This added versatility may be worth the effort.  You will need to decide this.

Jeff
    Participant

There seem to be two common options when using a Tone TwEQ/Super Tone TwEQ in a build.

Option 1

wire in series, treat as two pedals, potentially make both switchable

Option 2

wire the Tone TwEQ/Super Tone TwEQ into the volume and use it as volume and tone control

Beyond the obvious advantage of being able to use the two independently is there any reason to choose one arrangement over the other?

wilkie1

If you are space limited, you may wish to eliminate the one pot.  I have no other reason to offer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.