Home GuitarPCB Forum GuitarPCB Build Support Muff’n bypass issue radio sounds (solved)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant
    1. <hr />

Just completed a rams head muff’n. The pedal sounds great when the effect is engaged but when I go to bypass it makes some really odd radio frequency sounds that change as I turn the knobs. I’ve checked all components, solder joints, etc. I’m using the muff’n PCB and 3pdt PCB. Any reason why it’s making weird radar/ radio sounds when bypassed?

Chuck
    Participant

Can you post some photos of the guts of the pedal?  What else is in the pedal chain with the Muff?  What are you using for power?  Take a close look at both power and signal cables.

Chuck

wilkie1

Is the pedal enclosure closed up?  Check all ground connections and cable grounds.  RF interference usually comes into a circuit through faulty grounds and shielding.

James
    Participant

Can’t send pics right now but will do so later. I was testing he circuit outside of the enclosure and didn’t have anything else in the pedal chain. Maybe it needs to be in the enclosure?

Chuck
    Participant

The enclosure will provide shielding that is missing with everything laying out there naked on the bench.

Fingers crossed.

Chuck

James
    Participant

I attempted placing it in the enclosure but still had issues. I did some more trouble shooting and resoldered my footswitch and the problem was solved!!! Thanks for all the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.