Home GuitarPCB Forum GuitarPCB Build Support Missed it by that much…mastodon help please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sammy D
    Participant

So I’m stuck on my Mastodon fuzz build. Everything is populated and connected but alas no shiny shiny light coming on when I connect power. As it’s late I can’t plug it in to an amp to see if it’s simple an led issue and everything else is cool (I did the led in a somewhat janky fashion so this wouldn’t be too surprising) or if I have done something else wrong or poorly. (Also a definite possibility) If anyone wants to take a quick look at the photo to see if there are any glaring errors, I’d appreciate it.

Barry
    Keymaster

Did you use a common anode LED?

Common cathode will not work.

Sammy D
    Participant

It seems that is the problem. I didn’t realize there were different types of bicolor leds. The good news is that the sound part of it works. Also is there a trick to getting transistors to seat really well in sockets…these seem to have just a bit of play that seems to be causing a little dropout. Thanks for the help. Super glad it was something easy(ish) to sort out

Chuck
    Participant

Sammy, you can try adding a small bend to the transistor legs. Just a little, no need to go crazy with it.

Chuck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.