*JFET J201 – Guaranteed Genuine
Genuine J201 JFET Transistor from my own personal collection.
Hand Tested and all are in the proper range for guitar pedals.
(1) Genuine J201 JFET Transistor from my own personal collection.
This is one of the most important parts of your build so be sure to get genuine transistors that are within specifications of the datasheets. Hand Tested and all are in the proper range for guitar pedals.
These are used in so many boutique builds.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-92
- Transistor Type: N Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Gate to Source: –40
- Max Drain to Gate Voltage Should Be: 40V
- Max Continues Gate Current is: 50mA
- Minimum to Maximum Gate to Source Cuttoff Voltage : -0.3 to -1.5
- Max Power Dissipation is: 350mW
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Centigrade
- Very Low Noise & High Gain
J201 Replacement and Equivalent:
2N4338, 2N4339, 2N4340, 2N4341, 2N5458, 2N5459, 2N5457, NTE458 (Note: Pin configuration of the equivalent transistors may different from J201, therefore it is recommended to check pin configuration of the transistor you are using in the place of J201)
J201 Transistor Explained / Description:
J201 is a general purpose JFET transistor build for amplification purposes. It is manufactured in TO-92 and SOT-23 packages. The transistor is having some good features in its small packages like low cutoff voltage, Very low noise and high gain etc. with these features it can perform very well where there is requirements of more gain with low noise amplification of signals. Moreover due to its low power operating capabilities which are as low as 1.5V it is ideal to use in battery powered circuits.