Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Zenith Drive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello y’all,

first pedal build, so don’t mind the totally mediocre wiring organization….Turns out the enclosure mammoth shipped with this is really tough to fit 4 pots in 😀

Anyway, from my understanding, assuming I have the footswitch wired correctly (I’ve checked and double checked, and i’m pretty sure I didn’t mess this up) even if I have something off on the PCB, the pedal should still pass through signal when the pedal is bypassed, correct?

As I mentioned, I’ve double checked the input/output and 3pdt switch wiring, and unless I’m missing something, this is wired correctly, yet there’s no signal coming through. Oddly, when I have the output cable connected, and insert the input cable, there is a bit of signal (static) that passes through as it’s being connected, but once it’s rigged up, no bueno. I’ve got the DC jack/battery hooked up, and measured 9v with a multimeter, so that should be good?

Where do you guys suggest I start with troubleshooting this? I’m kind of at that point where I’m considering tossing the PCB and grabbing a new one, and hoping for a different result since I’ve already got this one built into the enclosure.

wilkie1

The wire from the IN jack does not appear to be connected to pin 1 of the foot switch.  I can’t see for sure, but I suspect your wiring is incorrect.  Please recheck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the quick response. I took a better pic of that area, and moved the wire connected to input so it’s easier to see as well. According to the wiring diagram, wire goes from input jack to in, then the adjacent pad next (has a T on the PCB) to it gets a wire to pad 1 on footswitch, correct? same thing on output as well?

Billy

At a glance the first thing I see is it looks like your op amp IC1 is in the wrong way around your dot on it indicates pin 1

Just turn it around so the dot is at the top left

There is a possiblity its now fried and even if that was your initial fault you should still get bypass signal so I suspect you have one or more dry solder joints going from the pcb IN and OUT pads and / or thier grounds to the 3PDT switch lugs and from the 3PDT switch to the jack tip and ground lugs

Bypass connects your IN jack straight to your OUT jack via the 3pdt to your amp so you’ve probably got a dry solder joint or short circuit on your jacks or 3pdt or your jumper connecting pins 3 and 9 although difficult to see it looks like your jumper connection to pin 3 isn’t good

wilkie1

Great eyes, Billy!  Thanks, Mate!

Now I can see that the wires look correct on the IN jack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.