Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Wiring DC Power to pedal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Big O
    Participant

I am finishing off another pedal, but I am looking to add a battery to the DC power jack.  I believe I have the power to the pedal wired correctly but would like input as to whether I am correct before I solder, especially since this is my first build incorporating a charge pump.  This pedal has a somewhat different wiring pattern from the switch and jacks that I am accustomed to, with originally only a DC jack but no battery and a MONO input jack.  I added a stereo input jack and battery snap to the equation.  See diagram below.  There are negative ground eyelets next to the + and – power eyelets.  Does everything appear correct?

Cybercow

<EDIT> On second and closer look, the wiring appears correct. </EDIT>

I see your stompswitch wiring includes a jumper across lugs #1 & #6 to ground the PCB input when disengaged. Can’t hurt, I’ve just never use that.

Other than that, looks OK.

Billy

When zoomed in your DC jack image looks sideways if that’s the case it’s correct with battery power going to the middle lug and as you know board power to the smaller top lug

As Cybercow says it’s important when you also have a battery installed that it disconnects battery power when using an adaptor

Most but not all DC jack sockets these days disconnect the battery via a spring mechanism when you plug your adaptor into the jack

Its easy enough to continuity check to see if it is a switched type with nothing in it both power lugs should have continuity when you plug your adaptor into the DC jack they should have no continuity obviously you don’t have to plug your adaptor into the wall to test

Big O
    Participant

I actually knew the DC Jack was wired correctly in the drawing, but I can see how Cybercrow misunderstood the diagram.  My drawing wasn’t entirely clear.  I just wanted to make sure all the grounding was correct.  Thanks everyone for their responses.

I had a little setback as I was going to try to fit everything in a 1590B enclosure, but the Ge transistors are a bit large and I didn’t think I could get everything to fit.  So I had a 1590BB hanging around so I am working on that to get it ready for wiring in the board.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.