Home Forums General "Mini-Me" Chorus Depth Mod

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cybercow 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Keymaster

Oh Yes the Mini-Me Mod Rocks and we have Roto-Tones available in the PCB Shop now!

Courtesy of Wilkie1:

Four different flavors of Chorus from Mild to Wild!

Use sockets and the Roto-Tone and create your own Mod values. Roto-Tone Build Document

Matt
    Participant

100% interested in trying this. Thank you!!

Barry
    Keymaster

Awesome!

Cybercow

Just finished the Mini-Me build to a testable point and enclosed – minus the enclosure graphics finishing. And I employed the “Mini-Me Depth Mod”. Before the mod, the trimmer pot was just fine at just a hair left of center. However, when I added the Depth Mod, I noticed some light “ticking” in the output, presumably from the clock. I adjusted the trimmer a tad more to the left and the “ticking” went away. Yay!

This is a very slick modification and a tip-o-the-hat to Wilkie1 for the write-up on it. This simple mod greatly enhances the versatility of the Mini-Me. I highly recommend it.

Here’s the enclosure before finishing:

And here’s the complimentary gutshot:

I wanted to squeeze it all into 125B \ 1590B enclosure, but the Depth Mod that impossible. Still, I’m quite happy with this result. Once the enclosure graphics are finished, I’ll make a full build report in the proper forum section. Thanks for reading!

Billy

Looks great Mark

I’m gonna give it a try cheers Ray

I just managed to wangle myself 8 MN3007 tested them all today in a clone theory build and they all work!

Totally unexpected with all the fakes kicking around

Cybercow

Thanks Billy! Good find on the MN3007 chips. I hope you got them at a good price. SmallBear still has a small stock of them, but at 11 zorkmids each, I’m not likely to try and stock any. Let us know how your builds go and show them off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart