Home Forums Show Off Your Build Two Wahs and a Box of Holes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

I’ve been going back through my old stuff (didn’t work, didn’t work well or just didn’t make me smile).  Project 1 – Seven years ago Barry had a BOGO on MoWahs so I snapped up a pair.  Populated both boards – one with a Whipple and the second with a Red Fasel – and put the Whipple version in a chrome Guitar Research shell I snagged on fleabay.  After reading Wilkie’s ‘The Story of a Super Modded MoWah’ I decided to mess with the Red Fasel version that had been floating around my bench for years.  After some pondering, I pulled the Whipple version from the chrome shell with a new long shaft stomp switch, a RotoTone, a 100KC gain pot, a 50KC ‘Q’ pot, and the bass boost switch.    Project 2 – While digging through my stash of stuff looking for another wah shell (everybody has a bunch of those right?) I discovered the Dunlop Hendrix Wah I grabbed off fleabay as a non-working for parts deal that worked quite nicely when I plugged it in.  Had replaced the original inductor with a Yellow Fasel and the switch with a 3PDT and added an LED as well.  At some point I disassembled this one.  Checking a much older Dunlop Wah I discovered the old thing no longer works so I transferred the Hendrix Wah guts to the old shell.  Project 3 – AKA Box of Holes.  This is the old R2G2 board I populated without paying a whole lot of attention to the build instructions.  Never got it to work (although I didn’t put a lot of thought or effort into sorting it).  A few bits had been pirated for other projects but I thought I’d take another look at it.  For some bone headed reason I had populated it as the buffered version but tried to run it through a 3PDT board.  Had also used a couple really wrong resistor values.  Replaced the pirated bits, corrected the wrong resistors and added a very old 3PDT switch from a dead-dead project.  Popped everything in the box of holes just to try it out and was shocked it works!

Here are the faces:

Here are the guts:

And the control layout on the MoWah (had to adapt to the former toggle holes at the front for the pot and RotoTone):

wilkie1

Thanks for sharing your results!  Well done!

Billy

Love the mowah

Yours looks really good much much neater than mine

Very nice

Barry
    Keymaster

Very nice!

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.