Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Tube Screaming Ultra (answered)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  robrhy 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

robrhy
    Participant

Help…In the bom for the Robin Trower build C7 is “starred” but i can’t find the reason why.

Billy

It’s a film cap highlighted because it may not be obvious from the BOM

I use MLCC here some of the 1uF film caps can be pretty big but as you can see from the silkscreen you can fit them in

robrhy
    Participant

OK Billy.Thanks for your help.

robrhy
    Participant

Another help question.I just want to build the basic Robin Trower layout with no switch,do i need to put in any jumpers or change components?

wilkie1

In the basic RT circuit, the switch selects 2 different diode combinations to provide 2 different tones.  If you elminate the switch, you will need to choose which set of diodes you wish to use and then jumper the switch pads between 1 and 2 or 3 and 2.

robrhy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply wilkie.I knew about that but my prefered sound is with the switch in the off position (centre).Can i achieve that without a switch or do i need to keep it.

wilkie1

Just omit the switch.  You may also omit all of the clipping diodes.  It will not be a Tube Screaming Ultra nor a Robin Trower.  But if this is the sound you like, then GO FOR IT!

Barry
    Keymaster

If you want the tone as heard in my audio demo for the RT version you will probably just want the two LED position active all the time.

robrhy
    Participant

OK Guys.Thanks for the help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart