Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Tube Screamer with EQ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean Clinchy
    Participant

Interesting problem. I completed and tested this build and it worked fine (though a bit noisy) before I installed in in the enclosure. Once I put every in, it stopped working entirely. No signal when engaged or bypassed. A bunch of experiments determined that it worked as long as the input jack wasn’t in the enclosure. Seems to me that maybe something is getting grounded that shouldn’t?  Needless to say, I’ve checked and rechecked the wiring and it appears to be correct.

any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Barry
    Keymaster

Since there is nothing normal about your issues we are going to need clear pictures and perhaps voltages.

This way we have something to basically examine for issues.

Check this recent Troubleshoot Post for what we need and see how quickly it got solved.

Sean Clinchy
    Participant

Sorry to take so long to respond, I had problems getting logged in.

Photos attached.  If you need voltages, please met me know where the measurements should be taken.

Thanks very much for the help on this!

Barry
    Keymaster

At a glance the Output Jack is not correctly wired.

The G Pad (ground) from the Main board Out should go to the Sleeve which is also a common ground.

Switching the Yellow and White wires on the Output Jack will correct that. See image below:

It is too hard to make out what is going on with the Stereo Jack at the Input but follow the wiring guide to make sure it is correct.

If that does not solve the problem then we will also need voltages at Input and all 8 pins of the IC as well.

Sean Clinchy
    Participant

That did it!  Thank you so much.  The only remains issue is that the LED doesn’t light up.  Guessing it must be in backwards, I’ll check that out.

On to the next project!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart