Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support True Bypass Looper Question…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pinhead
    Participant

Hey everyone. I’m in the middle of assembling a set of true bypass loopers for my board, I’m using the 3PDT boards and dual-color LED’s. I’ve put together a diagram and I was hoping to get some feedback on it’s viability. It looks right to me, but then again the last one I did I soldered every wire to the switches themselves, this is a bit new to me doing it with the boards. The view is a bit bastardized, as the boards are shown technically upside-down and the view is from underneath the enclosure.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    -Shanon

PS – right-click the picture and open it in another window to see it full-size.

wilkie1

Your wiring looks correct to me.  Nice drawing.

Pinhead
    Participant

Thanks Wilkie! I wasn’t 100% sure on the grounds, and I originally had a separate ground for each jack. After realizing it’s case-grounded, and I was over-grounding it, I omitted the extras and went with a single line between each board.

The only other thing that I’m not quite sure on is the LED. It’s a dual-color red/blue. I want it red when bypassed, so that would mean the 90 degree leg (red) goes on the square white pad, correct?

wilkie1

That is correct.  The white pad is for the bypass color LED.

Pinhead
    Participant

Excellent, thanks for the help!

Pinhead
    Participant

For anyone interested, here’s a cleaner picture of the loop-switcher diagram:

@Barry – If you want to use this on the site at all, feel free. I left some space in the corner for you to add your logo.

PKR Pedals
    Participant

I know it’s been a bit since this post, but I just finished putting one of these together for my board and #3 and #4 doesn’t work. 1,2, and 5 work great. 3 and 4 pass clean signal but as soon as I hit the switch it kills everything. I replaced 3 and 4 and it still does the same. Could it be the jacks? I went back and re-flowed the solder on the jacks but still nothing. Any thoughts? The LED’s work but no sound when activated. I will post a pic shortly.

Thanks

PKR Pedals
    Participant

For some reason I can’t post pics. I insert the image and hit submit but it won’t post

PKR Pedals
    Participant

I re-tightened the jacks and #4 started working but #3 is still a no go.

PKR Pedals
    Participant

replaced the jacks on #3 and that fixed it

Pinhead
    Participant

I was just going to reply when I saw you replaced the jacks. I had the exact same issue with my 2nd unit. Drive me nuts for hours until I realized the jack was bad. Glad you got it fixed!

Barry
    Keymaster

As far as posting pics here is a test:

It is working I would try again.

PKR Pedals
    Participant

I tried again but I must be doing something wrong.

wilkie1

I’ve had jacks work loose over time.  So, Using a separate ground wire connecting all jacks to the central ground will prevent that from being a problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart