Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Tremolo hang ups

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Billy 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Billy

Don’t switch any wires until you’ve confirmed it’s incorrect

Definitely don’t scrap the project it get’s frustrating but you will get there! many 1000’s of people have built this circuit successfully

Anyway zooming into your pictures I can see that your solder joints on the jack sockets and what I can see of the 3PDT and Kill switch look dry it doesn’t look to me as if the solder has melted enough you need to be careful with switch lugs but hold your iron tip on them until the solder pools and flows it should only take around 3 seconds, what wattage is your soldering iron? is that lead free solder

We really need pictures of both the 3PDT and Kill switch looking directly down onto the top of them so we can try and trace your connections

From what I can see your IN jack is connected correctly and goes to the correct 3PDT lugs as do your IN ‘T’ from the pcb I can’t see your OUT ‘T’ and can just about follow your OUT connections on the 3PDT which also look correct the middle row doesn’t really matter at this point it being for the bi colour indicator LED which works

When you get faint signal it is almost always a dry solder joint / poor connection causing a high resistance to the flow of the signal but as you say your voltages are not that far off my main concern would be the collector of Q2 at 9.7v check what voltage you get both ends of R7

Dpeyton
    Participant

I will look at the voltages using the settings you described and see what I come up with this evening. Here are better photos (I hope) of the switches. Thank you guys for your patience with this.

Billy

I’m at work at the moment it’s still fairly difficult to see but definitely better maybe draw your 3PDT on some paper with each wire colour where it connects to on the 3PDT lugs and where it goes to eg IN T pad, ground etc

Just to double check you know your 3PDT lugs should be horizontal

Dpeyton
    Participant

Here is the layout of my switches and the voltage with the depth and speed settings as requested above.

Billy

Wiring looks OK not 100% on the Kill switch whether the signal would follow the path of least resistance so I’d jumper it across from one side to the other lug 2 to 8 and leave the middle pole empty less chance of a dry joint

If you look at the schematic A and B would connect bypassing the LFO and sending signal back up to Q2 and OUT so I’m not totally sure if the jumpers you have would affect it in some way by connecting lug 5 to 4 as well I didn’t put the Kill switch option on my build so can’t really say

What Voltage readings did you get on the top and bottom of R7

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart