Home Forums Show Off Your Build The “Who’s Next” is a killer pedal!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geno Mears
    Participant

I built this just because I’m a tweed tone freak, and I am very impressed with the sound.  This pedal could easily be a great “channel two” for a clean amp.   It oozes tweed clean tones (a la 59 Bassman) with the gain knob down at 9 O’Clock or so, between 9 and 3 O’Clock, it’s Tweed Bandmaster all the way… gritty, grind, wonderful overtones, and plentiful high-end bite.   Once at 3 O’Clock or beyond, it’s a very good rendition of a “pushed-over-the-top” 5E3… woofs out, gets a little farty, and all the low end comes to the front… just like a real tweed amp.

It was good enough that I have now purchased more boards to build other items from the shop – this was my first foray into Guitar PCB.  I’ll keep building from your inventory, if they’re all this nice.

Pics below and a short demo (YouTube Link) – my apologies for the rambling noodling and the occasional volume jump… it’s just an iPhone video.   The Amp is a Two Rock Classic Reverb and the Guitar is a Whitfill Cousin Paul (dual humbucker T-Shaped with Gibson scale length).

Barry
    Keymaster

That is a sharp looking build. I am glad you enjoy it. The demo sounds great and I agree since I did a similar thing with my Fender Twin and it just opens up a lot of new tones you would not otherwise have available. I love the Two Rock as well BTW.

Thanks for sharing!

Geno Mears
    Participant

Thanks Barry.  I bought a couple more amp-emulation boards recently… can’t wait to try the Plexi and the Vox ones.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart