Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support The Vibe (solved)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have bougth a Vibe-set from musikding in germany. I get a 2N3906 and 4 matched 2N5457.

The effect is ready, but with no vibe. It is like a joke.I turn the trimpot with no results.

What can I do?

Barry
    Keymaster

“What can I do?”

Simply put you can try to fix it.

If you would like us to help you troubleshoot the circuit we need clear photos and measured voltages of all transistors labeled by which Q and which lead. This circuit has been available for 8 years so you can be assured the circuit board is just fine. There is nothing wrong with the components you mentioned that I see.

2N4125 and 2N3906 are both PNP transistors with similar properties and lead orientation.

We will need the required troubleshooting info that is requested for all build issues and we will try to help.

If you do not understand voltages etc. Here is a GUIDE  See pages 8-9.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hallo Barry,

Thanks for reply. Problem is solved. All was o.k., but I´m a fool. I forgot a ground-strip.

From the Build Notes:
    “*There are (two ground pads), G & GND. Both ground pads must be wired to ground for the circuit to
    function. Connect both directly to the power supply ground for optimal noise free performance.”

Thanks for your dedication.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.