Home Forums Show Off Your Build The Mega-Effects Board by Wilkie1

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Keymaster
    This is a GuitarPCB pedal board featuring analog circuitry with Loops to change effects order or go from series to parallel in one compact unit. Enjoy Part 1 of a multiple part series. Share the Love!
    Barry
    Keymaster

This is great I hope to see some layout info in pdf form!

James Barnhart
    Participant

I gotta say something.  At first I thought this might be one LARGE pcb behind this and I switched over here to see it.  And the you-tube video is a nice picture of the same.  So now I’m thinking it’s several of your pcb boards all run in a main box.  I’ll be waiting with bated heart for more info!

Hats off to Wilkie1

Andrew Steele
    Participant

This is fabulous. I am in the middle of a combo PCB board build and would love to see how you put this together.

Brilliant stuff mate can’t wait to see more.

Steelie

Barry
    Keymaster

Cybercow

I can’t fathom the amount of time, planning, resources, creativity and imagination that went into such a beast. Impressive!

wilkie1

Wow!  That means a lot coming from a Master Builder like you!  Many thanks, Mark.

There will be more details provided in future posts.  I am available for specific questions as well.

wilkie1

What has 24 effects, 54 PC boards, 43 switches, 54 pots, 57 diodes, 439 resistors, 301 capacitors, 45 ICs and 46 transistors?

You guessed it!  The MEGA-EFFECTS pedal board!

Chuck
    Participant

I need assistance lifting my jaw up off the floor.  Wow!

Chuck

wilkie1

Oh.  I forgot.  Add about 50 feet of Barry’s Best Wire and about 1 pound of solder.

Playsforfun

I always knew there was a Master in our midst but this is way beyond mastery.  My thesaurus lets me down at the moment. This needs to be celebrated brother! I bow and I bow again. there it is …Amazeballs

Congratulations!

wilkie1

Many thanks to you, my friend.  Your builds have inspired many of us.

This one started when my old German HO train nut passed away.  I had made a lighting control panel for him.  I took that enclosure (Hammond 1456RL3WHBU from Mouser) and realized it had room and predrilled holes for many effects  That started the design.

Barry and I had been talking about series/parallel switching for some time.  That led to the following switching system:

Any questions?  More to come later..

Playsforfun

Very cool indeed. I’m going to have to digest that a few more times.

Billy

Don’t know if I could operate that Wilkie never mind build it

I’m sure if they dig that up in the future they’ll be scratching their heads on some tv programme making comparisons to the Antikythera mechanism!

Superb work even Pete Cornish would be envious

wilkie1

I had to look that one up, Billy!  Many thanks!  Pete Cornish inspired many of us!

wilkie1

For those that wanted more information about the MEGA-EFFECTS pedal board:

Have fun!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.