Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Superlead OD

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jack Coobs 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Ok I’m stumped. I built the Superlead OD and I’m getting no sound. Bypass is working fine but the D5 is not working. It seems like I’m not getting any voltage to the board.

Cybercow

Hi Jack – you may or may not have noticed the posts about how to use the forum. Those are important. How can we begin to assist you without the following form you?

1. Good, clear photos (Preferably Both Sides of the Board + Gut Shots)
    2. Voltage Readings of the power supply on the PCB, transistors and ICs.
    3. A Detailed Description of the Issue(s) You’re Facing

These can help us to understand the problem and find a solution pronto! Please be specific with what’s happening or not happening. Without the info listed above, we cannot provide any meaningful assistance.

wilkie1

Do you have an LED that is lighting up in either foot switch position?  If not, you need to verify that the is power going to the board at the +9V pad.

If so, double check your wiring from the IN jack to the foot switch and then to the “T” pad at the IN on the main board.

Further assistance will require good photos and voltages.

wilkie1

Sorry, Cybercow.  I just stepped on your post.  You got there first, so you have the lead! 🙂

Cybercow

Wilkie1 – no worries. We can tag-team the assist. You first post-response was a good first step. We just need some more info first. 🙂

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Wilki1 the led doesn’t light at all.  Gonna work on photos and more details. I’ll take some voltage readings too

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Ok I’ve got 9.24vdc at the 9v pad, at R2, and at the common anode of D5. Also Q1 voltage is D-9.24, G-1.47, S-0.00

Cybercow

Voltages on the pins of the IC? And can you provide some good clear shots of the solder side of the PCB?

Jack Coobs
    Participant

IC readings

1-0.00

2-0.30 starts about .47 drains down

3-4.42

4-0.00

5-0.00

6-0.30 same as pin 2

7-9.26

8-0.00

I’m working on more photos. I installed right angle pots so it will be hard to see. I’ll do my best with my phone

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Cybercow

Thanks for the added details.  I’m unable see anything obvious. Do you have and know how to use an audio probe?

Jack Coobs
    Participant

Yes. That was going to be my next approach

wilkie1

I believe I see that you have removed all of the pots to take a better picture of the underside of the board.  I suggest you take this opportunity to reflow all solder joints.  First, remove power and the IC and the transistor

After the reflow process, add power and take new voltage measurements of the IC pins.  I believe you are getting power to the IC socket.  Pin 4 should be 0V and pin 7 should be about 9V.

Then rebuild the board and retest..

Cybercow

Jack – I also noticed that your pots have no insulation\shield between the pot housing and the solder joints on the underside of the PCB. It very important to get some sort of insulation between the this pot bodies and the underside of the PCB.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart