Home Forums Show Off Your Build Super Drive 70´s Plus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rudolf Schmidl
    Participant

This circuit I started in fall 2018. I´ve been inspired by Wilkie1´s Super 70´s PLUS. First I wanted to use a Baxandell Active Tone Filter but then I spotted the ToneTwEQ. Cause the enclosure already has been drilled, I decided to mount the additional foot switch between Fuzz and Boost. Furthermore I installed a diode clipping board like Wilkie1 and took the schematic from Tonmann´s Guide.

Testing the pedal nothing worked correctly, so I put it aside and a couple of days later my mother pass away so I lost sight of the pedal.

This year, before the end of june, I started building my Disturbance. So I wanted to finish the Super Drive 70´s too. First I spotted the soldering points I scared myself. They looked like they are ancient. The answer was – the time I ordered solder at Musikding the 1mm has been out of stock so I bought 0,5mm. Because this one had been too thin to my mind I took a roll 1mm solder I found a few days ago in the cellar. It has been from my childhood and over 45 years old. But it works.

It just took 2 minutes to locate the mistake. I mixed on the 4PDT Easy Order Switching Board Tip and Sleeve at the output side. Now everything is working fine except a small problem with the diode clippin board. But therefor I will open a topic in the support section.

wilkie1

Well done!  I congratulate you for your patience.

Vero boards often give me trouble as well.  It is so easy to miss a trace cut or a bad solder point.  Sometimes I even short two rows together!  Carefully examine the board for those types of errors.

Barry
    Keymaster

That is so awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

Cybercow

Lotta great wiring in there. Great job!

Barry W Davis
    Participant

Looks fantastic!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.