Home Forums Show Off Your Build Stage 3 Boost – Best Post Effect Boost Ever

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Keymaster

So I built a few of these up for sale and it just sounds so great for my particular use.

I love this pedal at the very end of the chain. It just makes everything sound amazingly more pronounced and clear while retaining the character of the pedal I am using it in tandem with.

Take notice in the build below that I use the symmetrically placed “Dual Power and Ground connections” of our newer v5 version of the 3PDT Wiring board in a manner that provides for a very simple connection from Power supply to 3PDT. It then powers the LED and then I use the other side of the 3PDT to run my Power and Ground to the Main Board. Neat, tidy and secure!

Barry
    Keymaster

Hopefully it is simple to see above with the added Image how easy and neat wiring can be using the 3PDT wiring board.

Geno Mears
    Participant

Barry, I’m curious.. looking for a good boost circuit to add in a 1590BB enclosure with two other drive circuits as a Post-Boost for solos.

Where on the sweep of the pot does unity generally fall?

Is it a pure clean boost or is there a bit of eq added and/or any grit?   I personally like the SHO, but the high-end added can sometimes clash with other pedals, and it hits unity WAAAAY too low on the sweep.    My favorite boost of all time was the Fulltone Fat Boost Version 1…. I’m looking for something similar, but with the ability to tweak the eq just a bit.

Barry
    Keymaster

The Stage 3 is a good clean boost that I have always had on my pedal board. If you want a similar circuit with the features of both clean and dirty then try a XX Double shot for a switchable version. Our SHO type circuit has a volume control. Also while the Stage 3 hits Unity at around 1:00 this can also be changed by a simple resistor to ground making Unity at the beginning of the rotation. Either way it all works the same.

Geno Mears
    Participant

Thanks… I actually like that Unity is further up the sweep.. I sometimes like to turn on a boost for some “below unity” volume, but with the added eq you sometimes get from a nice boost (SHO high-end is.a good example).    I will look at both he Stage 3 and the XX Double Shot.  Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart