Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Sriracha fuzz help! (solved)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

New member. First build, sriracha fuzz. Work on bypass nothing when pedal is on. Pedal has continuity as it should. Any help would be much appreciated.

wilkie1

The OUT wire on the board needs to be moved to the pad marked with a small “T”.

John
    Participant

Thanks wilkie, I moved that around, but still the same problem.

Barry
    Keymaster

It is still a wiring issue. We need better photos to be able to check everything.

Or use this guide:

John
    Participant

Billy

John need pics of your IN and OUT jack sockets and DC Jack so we can see the wiring

All your resistor values look correct as do the capacitors etc the only one that’s value can’t be seen is C1

John
    Participant

Barry
    Keymaster

Thanks for the pics.

This photo shows a 9v pad on the 3PDT wiring board going to ground on the main board.

You need to share a common ground to the Main Board from some point.

Barry
    Keymaster

There are many grounds. If that is the new V5 3PDT wiring board there should be a +9v symbol silk screened directly below the pad. If it says 9v then it is not a ground.

The old v4 boards show all three Ground pads labeled and grouped together.

For convenience and much neater wiring options as well as the lack of a need for 6 overall Ground pads we added another 9v pad (square) to the left side of the newer v5 boards as seen below:

At any rate it is an easy fix since you still have spare grounds (G) to use.

Barry
    Keymaster

This would be an easy way to fix.

1. Remove wire from Main Board Ground to 3PDT Board +9v pad altogether (see Red X 1) and forget about it.

2. Remove wire from Output Jack Sleeve where it connects to the 3PDT board (See red X 2) and resolder it to a fresh ground pad in the OUT box directly above the T pad on the main board pointed at with blue & white arrow. This is another extra ground.

That is it.

Many ways to accomplish the same thing: For example you could do the same maneuver with the Input Jack Sleeve wire and connect it to the IN box Ground Main Board if that seams easier for you. Those are the easiest ways needing only one point of solder work.

John
    Participant

I appreciate the help, I have made the changes but still have a mute pedal.

Barry
    Keymaster

I will need to see photos of the changes and both In and Out Jacks.

There could have been more than the one issue I noticed. Basically I need to recheck all the off-board wiring since that is what would cause a mute pedal.

John
    Participant

John
    Participant

Update!!!! It’s fixed!! Along with other problems, Q1 was not making good contact in the socket. I also fixed the other wiring issues and it sounds great. Thank you for all the help, the sriracha sounds awesome!!

Barry
    Keymaster

Excellent I am glad you got it sorted out. Yes I think the Sriracha sounds amazing.

wilkie1

Great work guys!

Gabe
    Participant

Hi there,

I am also having a similar issue with my sirracha pedal.  The light comes on but the pedal only comes on for a second or so if you giggle the jack and the guitar cord.  I check all my solder joints, check wire by wire to ensure in the proper spot and everything is correct.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.