Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Spring reverb driver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mybud
    Participant

Greetings collective wisdom: I tried recently to mod an old rare board (now discontinued) designed to drive a spring reverb unit. Unfortunately I lifted some tracks in the process and haven’t managed to get it back to life.

My question is whether an existing GuitarPCB circuit might be usable to get signal in and out of the spring reverb directly, that is, some kind of preamp or the Paramix, what have you. Any advice gratefully received. More info on the spring reverb specs follows:

• Input Impedance 8 Ohms, Output Impedance 2250 Ohms
    • Input Insulated/Output Grounded

I figure that the low input impedance might be a problem, since most of the guitar circuits I’m familiar with call for a very high input impedance on the order of 1m or more to avoid loading down the circuit, I assume. As before, any advice gratefully received. Best to all, mybud

Brooks
    Participant

Maybe not helpful, but I recall there being a Craig Anderton schematic for something like this.  I think I might even have a stripboard layout someone did for it.  I swapped out a reverb tank in an amp and had grandiose plans to use the old one in  stand alone configuration.  I had not thought about it for a while but I can see if I can dig up that vero layout, schematic and any information I may have…

Brooks
    Participant

I couldn’t find any documents in my collection for it but a little research on the internet and what I had been looking at was the Anderton Stage Center Reverb.  Lots of info out there on it including some vero layouts and it seems some boards were available for it from other sources at some point.  I don’t know if it is compatible with your tank but it does list several Mod reverbs that it does work with so you might be able to compare specs…

mybud
    Participant

Thanks Brooks, I will check these options out. Appreciated. Best, mybud

Big O
    Participant

I did a little research on this and not really sure how to do this, but read in a thread discussing how to hook up reverb tanks that you will likely need a pre-amp and amplifier.  It was suggested that you may need a low impedance amp at the input and something with pretty high gain on the output.  A jury rig setup would be something like trying a headphone amp feeding the input and a mic amp on the output. I know there are headphone amp kits and on the internet and Parts Express has a mono amp kit that might work.  But that is the extent of my very limited knowledge on the subject .

mybud
    Participant

Thanks, Big O. Appreciate your feedback. Best, mybud

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.