Home Forums Show Off Your Build Son of Phase 45

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mybud
    Participant

I wanted to do a combo build off my own bat, so used a Phase 45 as the basis for adding a blend control (Barry’s Buff ‘n’ Blend) and a compressor to add back some gain (Squishy Octopus). After some bench-testing, I decided to route the send and returns on The B’n’B to the 45 and use the B’n’B’s out direct to the compressor. Implications are that one can: 1) blend the phaser with the incoming signal ad lib. 2) dial it out as necessary and still have the buffered signal available and 3) use a combination of phased and compressed signal at will. This combo adds depth and makeup gain to the Phase 45, underrated IMHO by comparison with other phasers such as Dr Phybes (which sounds killer especially with Wilkie1’s mods) and the Vibe, both of which are available direct from Barry.

I’d like to add some pix of the build should there be interest from other forum members, but am not quite clear on how to do this. Caveat lector: it’s not perhaps the world’s tidiest, but it works and has added a lot more use to the original 45, which one might uncharitably say is a bit of a one-trick pony.

mybud
    Participant

1. Buff n Blend in place, after removing the original contents.

2) All three circuits in place.

3) I’m not overfond of splicing cables together like this, and wouldn’t do this with a new build as a rule. But this was a mod to an already finished pedal as I mentioned.

4) Ready for action …

5) In all its technicolor glory, and sounding great IMHO. Next task: modding a TS Ultra with an added Julius for good measure. Compressor before overdrive, or vice versa? Time (and bench-testing) will tell…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.