Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Roto Board and PCB Connection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Peinkofer
    Participant

Hi,

With regard to the Colorsound Supa Tonebender PCB. The BOM states / shows that a Roto board can be used to select between 4 different diodes. However, the connection seems to be at D5. Shouldn’t this connection be at D1?

Thank you

Cybercow

There are two separate clipping diode locations. On the feedback loop of Q3 (soft clipping – D1 & D2) – OR – after Q3 (hard clipping – D5 & D6). Either D1 or D5 will work. Just note that if used on D1, do not install D2 – OR – id used on D5, do not install D6.

Hope this helps.

Robert Peinkofer
    Participant

Thank you! I’m looking at using  1N270s, BAT 41 / 46s, D9Ds, and red or yellow LEDs. However, I might have too much of a volume jump with the forward voltage of the LEDs. May have to rethink that one. Anyway, with that setup should I put the switch at D1 or D5? Also I could just do a basic two diode setup using Barry’s DPDT boards. Again, in that case, D1 or D5 for placement?

Thanks again!!

Barry
    Keymaster

D5

Robert Peinkofer
    Participant

Thanks Barry… Just one more question. Do I populate D1 & D2 or leave open or Jumper?

Thanks again!!

Barry
    Keymaster

As Mark said they are two separate locations. So if you look at the schematic (even if you don’t read schematics) the basic takeaway is that they are separate. Follow the instructions for the Mod at D5 and populate D1 and D2 as normal.

Here is what I am referring to so you can get a visual:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.