Home Forums Show Off Your Build Red Special with Tone TwEQ

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

This build was a little more difficult than the 2 previous GuitarPCB builds as I added the ToneTwEQ to the mix. It was my first time doing a combo build and this combo pedal delivers the goods!! There are soooo many different tones available from this build. Played with if for several hours yesterday and I am still finding new sounds I like! A shout out to Barry and his team for knocking this one out of the park! Up next is an OKF, Dr. Phybes, and a Mini Me!  Graphics inspired by the demo video (Fat Bottom Girls by Queen) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPmZKisJaM.

Thanks for looking!

-=SteveO

wilkie1

Luv the graphics!

Cybercow

Noice! Well done! I like your two-stomp approach to access the Tone TwEQ.

I did the same thing but pulled out some insulating foam (to stack the PCBs), my shoehorn and a 2 Lb sledge to get it all into a 125B enclosure. 😉

Steve
    Participant

Cybercow, I read (and re-read several times) your “build diary” on that pedal and thought it sounded like a great combo build. A very impressive build to say the least!. Thank you for documenting that so well! I was going to copy your build and even went as far as ordering several of the “5 pot boards” from SB anticipating I’d be doing this more than once. I got the PCB’s populated and did some ‘test fitting’ and decided that if the build didn’t go right, it would be a huge PITA to troubleshoot. The build went smoothly though, with the only one minor glitch. I forgot to run supply voltage to the ToneTwEQ board (that made for some strange symptoms!) After sorting that out it was pure magic! Most of my builds to this point (24 and counting) have been kits with all the engineering and layout work done by someone else. These builds are quite a different animal! Next up for me is a OKF into 1590A. I have the board populated, all of the holes drilled and am now working out the best way to wire it up. Stay tuned! 😉

Cybercow

Steve – thanks!  You’re definitely on the right track. Keep up the excellent work! 😉

Barry
    Keymaster

Awesome and thanks for sharing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.