Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Red Special – and – Tone TwEQ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cybercow

I’m finally getting around to building out the Red Special with a Tone TwEQ and am considering excluding everything after the C5 (470nF) cap on the Red Special and going directly into the Tone TwEQ from there – omitting R1 and C1 of the Tone TwEQ. The idea is to treat both PCB circuits as a single entity and reduce the total number of pots required. With the active EQ of the Tone TwEQ, I shouldn’t need the “Tone” or “Volume” controls of the Red Special.

Also, I intend to use a B10K pot for the “Sag” control on the Red Special.

I anticipate no “problems”, but wanted to know what the hive mind thinks of the considerations so proposed. Thank you for your time and consideration.

wilkie1

That’s the way I would do it.  At that point (after C5)  I believe you will have a low impedance non-inverted signal that has no DC due to the blocking by C5.  That should feed into the Tone TwEQ nicely.  Report results as usual.  Have fun!

Cybercow

Wilkie1 – think you for the confirmation. I kludged together a schematic of the intended end result. (I wanted to include it with the original post, but there was “honey do” list due – and my timing was off.) And if I understand you correctly, the entire pedal will be non-inverting – signal-wise.

Now onto the enclosure stuffing planning and decal artwork.

wilkie1

That is correct. Both sections of the schematic are non-inverting.  Therefore, the output will be non-inverting.

Cybercow

Thanks Wilkie1 !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.