Home Forums How to Use the Forum and Shop RATT Deluxe Pedal Kit – Switches

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin Hochella
    Participant

Hi!

I am brand new to building guitar pedals, but have some experience building other electronics. One component newer to me is the switch, specifically the SPDT. This kit came with 2 varieties: SPDT ON-OFF-ON and SPDT ON-ON

I have scoured the articles posted on this site and where I bought the kit (www.pedalpartsandkits.com) and am having trouble finding a straight ahead answer for how they’re connected. So a couple questions:

1. How do I determine which is lug 1? It’s clear to me on the pots, but not the switches.
    2. For SW2, there are two solder points, but 3 lugs on the switch. Which lugs do I connect to the board?

Attached is an image illustrating the board itself and which switch type goes where. Also attached are images of the switches themselves.

If it helps, here is the build article for this pedal: https://guitarpcb.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/BD_RATT-DELUXE.pdf

Thanks for any help! And please let me know if more or different info is needed. I appreciate any help I can get!

Barry
    Keymaster

There is info on basic switching on the Guides Page on Page 23 of our Components Guide

For SW1 start with either outer lug (doesn’t matter which) and it goes 1-2-3. Just as is if you were soldering the switch right to the board. Due to the nature of a switch orientation does not matter.

For SW2 start with either outer lug and it goes 1-2. If it helps you to visualize just clip off the unused outer lug 3 on SW2 although it isn’t necessary. The you have an SPST. Usually more affordable than buying one specific.

Here is the snippet from our Components Guide:

I hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.

Cart