Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Ratt Deluxe Help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bren
    Participant

Good evening, I’m on my second ever build and having with the ratt build. I opted to build the original and I’m not getting any output signal. I’ve combed it over and fixed a few joints etc. but still nothing.  My IC voltages seem fine so I’m stumped. Anything you fellas could suggest? These are the IC voltages:

1: 8.72, 2: 4.22, 3:4.63, 4: 0, 5: 0, 6: 8.78 7: 9.42, 8: 9.20

I should note that’s with a battery running about 9.4V

Cybercow

Closely examine the underside of the main PCB at the output points. From what I can make of the photo, the extended ground wire poking thru appears to be shorting to the output point. That would kill the sound. Try clipping off that bit of that extended ground wire at the output point and see if you get sound.

Bren
    Participant

Sorry, I cut that excess off just after I took that photo but that wasn’t the problem.

I had some time this morning and found my LEDs. I installed one and it seems that when off I get no sound, while on I get sound but no effect. I’m assuming I wired something wrong? I’ll trace the circuit and see if I can see my mistake.

Bren
    Participant

Disregard the second paragraph, I had the led in the wrong holes. It bypasses fine, no sound when engaged.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.