Home Forums Show Off Your Build Ratt Deluxe – closeup gut shot with demo

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Keymaster

Here is a Ratt Deluxe I took a few photos and did a quick demo.

Enjoy!

Playsforfun

Fine example my friend. Time tested technique profits polarizing perfection.

Cybercow

Nicely done and great pics.

Pat
    Participant

Threw together? Wow! Doesn’t look like it. Nice work!

Mathijs Kooij
    Participant

Sorry to put this on this older post, but I am designing the case for my Ratt. How do I call the function of the 2 switches?

Matt
    Participant

The two switches for the clipping diodes are DPDT (double pole, double throw) on/off/on switches. All major parts suppliers should have them- Mouser, Small Bear, etc…

Great looking build Barry. I have SO MANY projects lined up but I’m fiending for yet another Rat. I have a real problem and can’t help myself. If I know what’s good for me I’ll hold off until the combo contest…

Mathijs Kooij
    Participant

Thank you, sorry I think i wasn’t clear. I mean what is their function called. I am designing the front plate I need to know what to call them (just as the pots are level, filter and gain).

Barry
    Keymaster

There is no technical name for the switching options.

It is based on what you think it sounds like. This is subjective to many different builders as you will often hear words like Tube-like sound etc.. This is what many commercial people do or you could just say LED, Silicon etc… or just leave the switching blank or with symbols of some kind.

There is a clipping chart in the build document that describes the switching:

I personally would not want to tackle assigning names to all of that but if you come up with something be sure to share with us. More often than not i suspect a Guitarist will flip switches till they hear exactly what they like and leave it there. Maybe when switching guitars or music style they might prefer another option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart