Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Ratt Build: (Moved to Support)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cybercow 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Keymaster

I moved this thread manually to the Support section:

Hi there –

new to the forum –

just built a ratt. Everythings fine on battery, (isolated) power supply (9V) creates a ground hum. Is there a troubleshoot somewhere on your site?

Cheers

Achim

achim wollscheid

Barry
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome:

1. This is the support section. I moved it for you. See the Photo from the Forum Home Page below:

2. If the pedal works fine when using a battery this automatically rules out the the Main Circuit of problems.

I would check the wiring on the JACKs. I cannot help further from the photo provided.

Check your wiring closely with the photo below which is the same for all builds:

wilkie1

I see you have the build mounted in a plexiglass enclosure.  That has no shielding from RF or other outside interference.  If a transformer is nearby, that could leak hum into your circuit.  Just guessing here.

Cybercow

Are BOTH input and output jacks grounded? Check ALL grounding. Any clear close-up shots of the guts? (Solder & component sides?)

And as Wilkie pointed out, a non-conductive enclosure exposes the circuit to outside EM forces.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart