Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion Question re The Vibe

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tony Pearce
    Participant

I am awaiting the arrival of my Vibe kit and reading the docs in preparation. A question – the build doc doesn’t actually say what the single pot PR1 controls nor for that matter the trimmer TR1. I assume they are something like rate and depth?

Billy

Hi Tony

P1 is the speed pot TR1 sets the 2N5952 voltages correctly for phasing

Once built you turn TR1 until you hear phasing usually just prior to or around  halfway it’s a set and forget trimpot

Tony Pearce
    Participant

Thanks! When is SW1 populated? According to the docs it is left unpopulated in the standard build but populated in the 45/90 mod. Is that correct?

Billy

SW1 is the feedback mod known as the script mod which feeds some of the phased output back to the input for more pronounced phasing you can leave that out if you don’t want it

I’d recommend Wilkies 45/90 mod giving you the 45, a more subtle phasing which some prefer also you’re getting both a 2 and 4 stage phaser in the same pedal giving you more tonal options

Tony Pearce
    Participant

Thanks again!

Billy

Enjoy building it Tony I’ve built lots of different phasers but keep going back to this one

I don’t know your experience but any problems or questions just ask

Tony Pearce
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve built many fuzzes, muffs and a few drive pedals but a recent vibe style pedal with LED was less then successful. Hopefully the Vibe will be better!

Tony Pearce
    Participant

a follow up question. I will do the 45/90 mod so is SW1 just jumpered or is a simple 2 lug on/off switch soldered in? If so, what sort of switch am I looking for? the solder pads are only 2.5mm apart…

Chuck
    Participant

For the Vibe version of this board SW1 is just ignored – no need to jump.  I did the 45/90 switch on my Vibe and liked it so I’m planning to pull my Dr Phybes apart to do the same mod on the phaser.  Make sure both grounds on the Vibe board are wired.

Chuck

Tony Pearce
    Participant

I am still not clear about the issue of wiring the 2 grounds on the board.

1. The Main Wiring Diagram shows only 1 ground pad wired but states that both should be wired to the power supply ground for optimal noise free performance.
    2. How do I attach the 2 grounds if I am using the 3pdt wiring board? Are they just wired to any of the ground pads on the 3pdt board?

Thanks,

Tony

Barry
    Keymaster

Wire it to any ground. It must be connected as it is on a separate plane.

Build Notes:*There are (​two ground pads​), G & GND.​​ Both ground pads must be wired to ground​ for the circuit to function​. ​Connect both directly to the power supply ground for optimal ​noise free performance​.

I have just not had a chance to finish updating that doc yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.