Home Forums General DIY Pedal Discussion PUFF for Vox Tonebender/Solasound Mk1.5?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Chuck.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Big O
    Participant

Has anyone built a Vox Tonebender or Solasound Mk1.5 Tonebender using the PUFF board?  These circuits are pretty much the same as a Fuzz Face, but with slightly different component values.  There are 2 different Vox Benders with slightly different component values.  I think next time I have the opportunity to get a PUFF board on sale, I may take the plunge.  If I build one of these and build a Mk3, I will have all the Tonebender versions, although I need to finish the Supa version that I just started working on.  I believe I have all the requisite transistors.

The Si version of the Vox could be built with a GBOF board as it should not need a charge pump (unless you use PNP Si transistors).  The differences are shown below for your education and enjoyment.  The values in black are the default component values of the FF.

Chuck
    Participant

I have done that with two different versions of the PUFF.  Used PNP Germanium transistors in both.  They are interesting and different, very vintage-y sounding.

Chuck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.