Home Forums Show Off Your Build Plexi Plus-Plus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a recently finished build I’m calling the Plexi Plus-Plus. It is a Plexi Plus and Dr. Rock in series. I’m able to cover a great deal of classic Marshall territory here and the two circuits stack well together when I have the PP set for lower to moderate gain and the DR also set for low gain. I can also set the PP for some nice rhythm grind and then switch over to the DR for higher gain leads. Beautiful sea foam green enclosure and color coded pointer knobs courtesy of Mammoth.

wilkie1

Sweet!  Nicely done all around.

Scott Preston
    Participant

Nice build.

-S

Cybercow

Well done. Good looking build.

Barry
    Keymaster

Sorry I missed this one. Very awesome combo and thanks for the report and share!

I love to here all about exciting new combo ideas. The guitarist painters palette = Combo’s!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys. I’d definitely give this a try if you are looking for a good range of Marshall tones without a bunch of extra knobs and switches. The DR basically picks up where the PP leaves off so you have light gain up to higher gain Plexi tones and everything in between.

BillTex79
    Participant

This is very interesting to me. I think you did a great job and chose two stellar circuits. My build document shows a jumper on the bottom two lugs of the stompswitch rather than the resistor though, so I’m wondering if this is the reasoning behind my Dr. Rock having issues. Which value resistor did you go with?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi BillTex79. Those are just 0 ohm “jumper” resistors. Same as bare wire. Just a little easier to work with.

Barry
    Keymaster

@ BillTex: Yes the single stripe (not other stripes or colors) indicates a 0 ohm resistor. I have a couple but do not use them as I always use wiring boards for the multiple 9v and ground pads eliminating a lot of extra long wiring. If you have an issue you need to post a proper troubleshoot thread.

BillTex79
    Participant

Thank you both for replying to me. I wanted to exhaust all options before posting a thread, and today I found the bad connection and got the Dr Rock up and running. I’m impressed with this circuit!! I’m thinking about trying a Plexi Plus like the one above with two Tweq’d eq circuits; one pre, and one post. Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Barry
    Keymaster

Many people use Pre and Post EQ for different reasons. Let us know what you think if you decide to go ahead.

While the demo below uses a graphic EQ you will benefit equally by watching it. You will also notice that the Jester itself has a Tone TwEQ control built in. Keep that in mind when the demo the Graphic EQ pre and post.

I hope that helps you decide.

;

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.