Home Forums Show Off Your Build Peppermill with extra modded goodness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #14845
    DK
    Participant

    Finished up this Blues Power Peppermill the other day. I chose to use a red and green LED in the clipping section for asymmetrical clipping and a set of Russian made D9E diodes for the second clipping section. I’m honestly not super pleased with the D9Es in this circuit so I might change those out some time.

    Additional mods:

    1. I ended up using a J211 rather than a J201 in this unit. I picked up some J201s off Mouser and for some reason (I don’t even know why) ordered a few J211s as well. I ended up trying both and felt like the J211 sounded a little tighter.
    2. I read on a few boards about changing out what is r5 on on this board for a lower value resister to get a little more grit. I ended up adding a switch to select between a 680ohm and 330ohm resister. This gives a good bit more dirt when the clipping sections are bypassed.

    Lastly, my masking on the edges of the top didn’t leave good tape lines. I was going to redo it but the ragged look has grown on me. Reminds me of an old polaroid transfer edge. Meh, maybe I’m just too lazy to redo it.

    #14847
    Barry
    Keymaster

    I think the way it is looks great. I wouldn’t change a thing.

    Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.