Home Forums Show Off Your Build Peppermill with extra modded goodness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DK
    Participant

Finished up this Blues Power Peppermill the other day. I chose to use a red and green LED in the clipping section for asymmetrical clipping and a set of Russian made D9E diodes for the second clipping section. I’m honestly not super pleased with the D9Es in this circuit so I might change those out some time.

Additional mods:

1. I ended up using a J211 rather than a J201 in this unit. I picked up some J201s off Mouser and for some reason (I don’t even know why) ordered a few J211s as well. I ended up trying both and felt like the J211 sounded a little tighter.
    2. I read on a few boards about changing out what is r5 on on this board for a lower value resister to get a little more grit. I ended up adding a switch to select between a 680ohm and 330ohm resister. This gives a good bit more dirt when the clipping sections are bypassed.

Lastly, my masking on the edges of the top didn’t leave good tape lines. I was going to redo it but the ragged look has grown on me. Reminds me of an old polaroid transfer edge. Meh, maybe I’m just too lazy to redo it.

Barry
    Keymaster

I think the way it is looks great. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.