Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Paramix enclosure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Slider
    Participant

I’m ready to drill enclosures for two Paramix projects. I have a couple 1590BB enclosures in front of me, but it looks like everything might not fit. Does anyone have suggestions for a layout or diagram? What size enclosure works best for this?

Barry
    Keymaster

The Paramix is used in a lot of different ways.

That said it is fairly easy to put the Paramix in a 1590BB.

Note : There is this 1590BB example in the Build Document:

Here are some other examples that I grabbed from Google that are not rack-mounted.

Here is a rack-mounted version but more on that at a later date:

From the GuitarPCB Wall Of Tone.

I hope that helps.

Barry
    Keymaster

Slider
    Participant

Thanks for the information. The smaller jacks will help fit it into the 1590BB. I found a Hammond 1590Q in my stash that provides some room for layout options.
    I definitely want to hear more about the rack mounting. In my home studio I have a pedalboard that sits up off the floor on a keyboard type stand. Saves a lot of bending over to adjust pedals when I’m looking for sounds. Im looking forward to experimenting with the Paramix. As always, I appreciate your help.

wilkie1

You can install the GPCB effects into a rack mount.  You can purchase blank rack panels or complete chassis and drill your own layout.  A common power supply can also be installed to power multiple effects.

By using front panel mounted jacks, you can use short patch cables to change effects order in the same manner synthesizer patching is done.  Or you can install a complex switching matrix using rotary switches.  Many options to consider.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.