Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Muffn 3.5 Low volume (Solved)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Hi guys,

Havent required you help in a while up to my 14th build with usually no issues!

My 1st ever build 2 yrs ago  was was Muff’n  green russian and it works perfectly so I have just built another one for a friend. During the build I accidentally used a A100K pot for Tone instead of B type but figured the audio taper would mean tone would change over smaller increment? No big deal, plus when you solder pots direct to the board they are a pig to remove.

You may note I have soldered input to R1 as it snap during install and power in look like a short but is an illusion cause nothing work work if that was the case!

I have the MId scoop B25k pot, Bender and clipping sw connected but they dont seem to influence the sound, reaching out to the wizards!!

Thanks in advance

Stu

Billy

So you’re getting effect Stu just low volume is that correct

Could you post a pic so we can see all the offboard wiring to switches jacks etc

Stu
    Participant

Hi Billy,

I just noticed I built this off an old V3 build guide instead of the V3.5 one. the only difference I see is R27 on V3 board is 1K and V3.5 is 3K3, would this make a difference?

Will post more Pic this afternoon

Thanks Stu

Stu
    Participant

Just noticed all R27 does is current limit for Leds correct?

Billy

No Stu that’s just the LED current limiting resistor

What’s the rusty looking patch near D5 and 6

Did you try reflowing the volume pot solder joints? the out tip solder joint looks a little dull too

Stu
    Participant

Had transistors in backwards, was following silk screen but using BC549, All good

Thanks Billy

Stu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.