Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support muff foxy lady (solved)

Viewing 14 posts - 18 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

no, i hav’t audio probe.. i don’t know what it is..

ok, so i suggest a problem between volume and Q3 or C9 (sound come when i touch)

and what about Q4 ? at the soket and whitout it, i’ve 8/8/0

and i will use socket now! thank u

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’ve remplace Q4 by a new one and i’ve the same mesure

wilkie1

The middle pad for Q4 (the Base) appears to be a very bad solder connection.  Remove the transistor (I hope it is still socketed) and resolder the middle socket position.  Replace the transistor and test.

Cybercow

Brako – R19 is crucial and while the color bands suggest the “39” portion of the value is correct, the other bands do not seem to indicate that it is a 390K Ω value. I suggest lifting one leg of R19 and double-checking that value for 390K Ω. If it is too low a value, it could throw off the voltages for Q4.

I also notice that some of solder points seem ‘starved’ of solder – perhaps reflowing & adding a touch more solder to some of those more lightly soldered points may be of benefit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes cybercow! the eye of the eagle!

it was a 390ohm and not a 390kohm

it’s working!

Anonymous
    Inactive

so new problem! 😉

white noise when no sound on the effect!

but great disto with sound 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have to remplace C10. it’s the last thing to do. so with a 10nJ100 is it possible?

wilkie1

The mid scoop mod suggests using a C10 value of 12n to 22n.  The R20 changes to a 2K7 resistor in series with a B25K pot.  Using a 10n cap would yield a variable filter with a cutoff frequency of 575 Hz to 5897 Hz as the pot rotates.

Thanks to cybercow for catching the R19 issue.

Cybercow

Brake – “yes cybercow! the eye of the eagle!  it was a 390ohm and not a 390k ohm. it’s working!”

Glad to hear that it’s working now. After biting myself in the butt so many times for misreading component values, I developed the habit of measuring every single passive component (and testing diodes\trannies\etc) BEFORE committing to solder.

Wilkie’s pointers should help clean up that noise floor. Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, with an electric guitar, it works good, a lot of gain! volume at 1 oclock max to have the same volume with bypass mode.

but with my korg electribe i have this problem, when no sound, a great noisy sound come… certainly the different gain between line mode and a guitar gain you will say me 😉

and i have to check correctly for the mid scoop because it’s seem to make nothing yet…

thank you messieurs

wilkie1

A synthesizer can have a much higher output level.  It can easily overload the pedal.  Also the cable connecting the device to the pedal can introduce noise if it has poor shielding.  If you are using a guitar and synthesizer at the same time, you are trying to mix two different signal levels.  You will need some type of mixer to handle these different levels.  Take a look at the PARAMIX in the shop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok,

so same problem, no problem with a guitar, big saturation.

but big noise with a rythm box when no sound…

i made the green russian last year with the rat and i hadn’t this problem..

paramix seems to be a good solution.

maybe put a switch to have the 2 different signal? (line & guitar)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

wilkie1

With the PARAMIX, you will have both guitar and rhythm signals mixed together.  No need for a switch.

Viewing 14 posts - 18 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.