Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support muff foxy lady (solved)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    brako
    Participant

hi evrybody,

today i’m making the foxy lady, but the first test is not concluant.

i’ve voltage in the pcb, but not on all composents or resistors. the bypass led dont work. the two diode don’t work too.

i’ve sound in bypass mode. nothing with the effect.

i’ve check evrything i could but i don’t see the problem..

so how i can check more? step by step? or if you see something wrong, tell me please.

thank u to the community

braKo

wilkie1

Since you are using a battery, you need to plug a 1/4″ plug into the IN jack to activate the power.  You said you have power to the board.  The power must reach both boards.  Confirm that you have power to all transistors.  Provide voltage measurement for all legs of the transistors and the supply voltage.

If you do not have voltage to all transistors, carefully reflow all solder joints.  Since you did not use SOCKETS on the transistors, you may have damaged one or more of them.

SIgnal must pass through jumpers.  For all features to function, you need to install jumper wires on J1, J2, J3 and J4.  I can’t see all of these on the photo.  Confirm.

The status LED is not working because you have it installed on the main board.  To use the LED on the main board, you must wire S4, S5 and S6 to the foot switch.  A 3PDT board is not used. When a 3PDT board is used, the LED is installed on that board and S4, S5 and S6 are not used.

I cannot see if the blue wire from the 3PDT board BO pad is connected to the IN pad with a “T” on the main board.  I think it is there.

Make these corrections and report back.

brako
    Participant

hi,

yes i tried with a 1/4 plug of course, and with a transfo 9v.

all 4 jumper are jumping.

so i’ve to check all transitors and reconnect the led to the 3pdt board (have i to put one resistance on this board???)

for this i don’t understand sorry : “I cannot see if the blue wire from the 3PDT board BO pad is connected to the IN pad with a “T” on the main board. I think it is there.”

and an other question, can i use a b250k pot for the mid scoop? with a resistance maybe?

thank u

wilkie1

Yes, the LED needs a CLR (resistor) on the 3PDT board.

Confirm the connection from the 3PDT board pad marked BO to the main board IN pad marked with a “T”.

The Mid scoop uses a 250K pot.  If you can add a resistor of about 28K between lugs 1 and 3 of the pot, that will make about a 25K pot.

Barry
    Keymaster

We can’t see the other side of the board to make sure you connected to the correct pad.

The Green Wire [Out] looks OK but we cannot see the Blue Wire [IN] in the photo.

Other helpful Beginner Guides you should read – Click Here

brako
    Participant

ok,

i’havnt check voltage in transistor yet, but :

i have resoldier de led on the 3pdt board with a 2,2k resistance, it’s working

“Confirm the connection from the 3PDT board pad marked BO to the main board IN pad marked with a “T””. so i have resoldier the wire BI of the 3pdt to the “T” in on the board like in the manuel and no from the BO… is it ok?

so now it’s working but i’ve a great loss in the disto… so i have to recheck all value of all composents…

and after i will modif it with the mid scoop and maybe transfer the layout 😉

thanks

brako
    Participant

hi,

ok, i’ve check my board but i don’t know from where the problem is coming..

the problem is that i’v a great loss in the outuput volume..

any suggestion please?

thanks

wilkie1

Since you have made several wiring changes, I think we should take new photos to help us see what has changed.

Now that you have signal passing, confirm that you have signal on both bypass and effect settings.

Provide voltages on all transistors, all three leads and your battery voltage.  Use the recommended format of Q1, C,B,E, etc.

Helpful Voltage Guides (Page 8) – Click Here

brako
    Participant

hello, i’m back to finish to resolve the problem that i have on my foxy lady.

so :

have i a problem on the Q4???

my problem is the same : sound’s effect seems to be very very far away!

thank you for you helping

wilkie1

The emitter voltages on Q1, Q2 and Q3 all seem to be low.  Q4 voltages are also wrong.  I would expect to see Q4 C-0.0, B- 0.7, E- 8.0 or close to these values.

FIrst, report your battery voltage.  Then provide new measurements of all four transistors.  Then remove Q4.  Report new measurements of all four transistors including the empty Q4 values.

brako
    Participant

hi,battery voltage is 8,9/9V. with Q4 all values are the same. without Q4, the same same…

wilkie1

In the above photo, Q4 appears to be installed incorrectly.  It should be installed as shown on the board silkscreen.  Check this and provide new measurements of Q4 installed and also the voltages at the Q4 socket without the transistor installed.

brako
    Participant

Q4      7 / 7,8 / 7

without  8,8 / 8,8 / 0

problem!

brako
    Participant

i want to make the modif for the mid scoop.

is it this one to replace c10?

thank u

brako
    Participant

when i touch behind the pcb and create contact with my finger, near q3 and volume, volume come up! bizarre?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart