Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Momentary pedal for Tap Tempo Board

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Blakely
    Participant

Hi!

I am building a d’lay pedal with tap tempo, and I am having a lot of trouble find a stomp switch for the tap tempo board. A past topic provided the following link for a switch sold by Small Bear: http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/alpha-dpdt-107-sf12020-m-momentary/ . However, looking at the photos of the switch and also a data sheet online, it looks like the lugs on this switch are spaced too close together to fit the board. The post was older, so maybe the part has changed? Am I missing something?
    Thanks!

Colin

Billy

Hi Colin,

Don’t think you’ve missed anything

I would buy the switch indicated and if it doesn’t fit you could just wire the switch in, with this one rather than a pcb mounted one at least you’d have the solder holes on the switch lugs and you know it’s the correct type

I don’t have the physical board to compare to the switch measurements, but looking at the switch datasheet the two poles are 8mm end to end with 5mm between the centre of each pair or throw

It’s definitely not easy to find the right type of momentary switch that’s for sure and the datasheet measurements are’nt the easiest to gauge

Colin Blakely
    Participant

Thanks for the response Billy! The holes on the board are spaced 7-8mm apart, so It looks like I will need to wire the switch. Looking forward to completing the build!

Colin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.

Cart