Home Forums Show Off Your Build Modified Bazz Fuss using GBOF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Big O
    Participant

Another pedal I just finished during the Covid 19 confinement is a modified Bazz Fuss using a GBOF Board and 3PDT Board.  Pedal exterior below:

Added Gain and a Tone Filter/Shaper control, which also affects some of the fuzz characteristics with respect to the frequencies being filtered. Also added an extra different diode to change clipping characteristics.  Schematic below (used a MPSA18 in my final build but tried others – lower HFE transistors tended to fart out):

Board layout.  Notice it is not the same as the bazz fuss on the GBOF build document due to the added features as above.

After moving the working breadboarded circuit to vero and PCB, of course it didn’t work like it did on the breadboard.  Since there were approximately 45 solder joints other than those for the soldered components on the main board and auxillary boards, I tested for continuity with no problems found and then checked all components for proper placement and values, again no problems.  Close inspection revealed a heat damaged diode on the clipping diode board, which was a lesson I learned from this project.  I will solder the wires first, then the diodes on the board, as soldering the wire connected to the end of the diode damaged it.  Gutshot below:

Big O
    Participant

Another couple of pedals.  The first is the Contortionist fuzz I finished recently (not a GuitarPCB pedal).

The second is a real Tube OD that I recently finished the exterior of the pedal, but built a few years ago.

Big O
    Participant

Innards of Tube OD.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.