Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Mini-Me IC Substitute

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cybercow

I know the Mini-Me calls for an LM358 at IC4 location, but with an identical pinout and nearly the same slew-rate (358 slew-rate = 0.3V/µs and the 1458 has a slew-rate of 0.5V/µs), I should be able to replace the 358 with an LM1458 dual opamp – right?

Or am I better off ordering some LM358 dual opamps?

wilkie1

Hmm.  I think the LM358 has a lower current requirement if I am reading the spec sheets correctly.  But since this circuit has 2 separate ground planes, there may not be a noise issue.  Otherwise you may be OK.

Cybercow

Wilkie1 – thanks for that. I examined both datasheets as well and seeing as the current draw difference between them was small, (358 [0.7mA typical, 1.2mA max] – vs – the 1458 [3mA typical, 5.6mA max]), I am thinking along the same lines; considering that opamp is part of LFO circuit and is on a separate ground plane. I just wanted to ask and see if anyone had any experience with this particular opamp x-ref. Still, I’m going to order a few 358s and see what gives when they are exchanged. After I get it built and try out both opamps, I’ll report back. Hopefully before 10:00 next summer. 🙂

</tip-o-the-hat>

wilkie1

See?  Great minds think alike.  That means we get into trouble together.

Cybercow

Wilkie1 – LOL! Sure enough. 🙂

It also occurred to me to ask about the solder side jumper notes for the BBD IC. The notes say that the 3207 is not compatible with this Mini-Me build, but the solder-side has a small note regarding how to place the jumpers for using either the 3007 or 3207 BBD IC. That lends to a bit of confusion on my part. Or is it that the notes in the build docs refer only to the “CoolAudio” version of the 3207 as not compatible?

Barry
    Keymaster

This board version is not officially released yet so you are not reading the correct document. Get with me on details you need depending on chip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart