Home Forums Show Off Your Build Mars Hall of Fame – 3 Marshall flavors in one box

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

This is a combo build I just finished today for a good friend of mine.  It includes the Super Lead (Lead Super Drive), King of the Brits (Hot Rod Rebel) and Roto-Tone Dlx from GuitarPCB and an Aion FX Equinox (Snakepit).  As with all my Lead Super Drive builds, the Roto-Tone acts as a 4 way clipping selector, and changes both the soft and hard clipping components.

Pretty straightforward builds other than that.  I’m most stoked about how the paint job came out, as this was the first time I tried to transition from one color to another and it worked better than I could have imagined.  Without further ado – the Mars Hall of Fame

Happy Building!

Paul Eliasson
    Participant

Phenomenal job on the whole build! Great job spraying a gradient with the orange to red. It can be tricky to do; did you use a spray gun or rattle cans?

Having started making pedals this year and making more than 50, I still have not made a Marshall style pedal. This is the inspiration I need to get to it!

Chuck
    Participant

Oooh, that is nice in and out!  Good job.

Chuck

Cybercow

Great work!

wilkie1

Another Masterful job!

Chris
    Participant

Thanks guys!  Jeff picked it up last night and it sounded great!

@Paul – I just use rattle cans; I have a sprayer but its much too large for one off projects. To get the blend, I started spraying both colors simultaneously and then hit the box with them both at the same time, so the paint started mixing before it hit the box.

Barry
    Keymaster

I just got back from Mars and man it is cold there!  -140F last night.

#CountdownToMars

I love this Combo! Very well executed! Thanks for sharing.

If you would like to go to Mars here is your chance: https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/participate/photo-booth/

Chris
    Participant

LOL!  Oh Barry, you just made me spit out drink! haha…I have an MKC im working on that your picture reminded me of….

Chris
    Participant

@Paul – Also, I should’ve mentioned – I’ve built nearly all of Barry’s Marshall-type circuits (except the new Marsha) and you simply can’t go wrong with any of them.  I lobbied for the Cranky Charles in place of the Aion circuit, but my buddy thought there was enough gain in the other two (HA) and wanted a lower gain boost/drive first in the chain (I said “but this one goes to 11.?.?”).  I simply love all GPCB Marshall-type circuits, and I can’t recommend them enough!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.