Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support LED on main board w/ 3PDT Wiring board

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    huile_smith
    Participant

Hi.
    I bought a Sunn T kit from Das Musikding and got this 3PDT wiring board instead of yours.

I guess it’s not possible to solder the bi-color LED.

Can I solder the LED and the CLR on the main board and use this 3PDT wiring board for every other connections?

Barry
    Keymaster

I would ask for them to send you a GPCB wiring board so you can do what you want more easily.

No, you cannot wire a Bi-Color LED to that although you could wire the LED to the Main Board.

I hope that helps. I would still let them know about the error and why.

huile_smith
    Participant

They seem to be out of stock, I will build it the standard way, it’s not a big deal.

Thanks!

Billy

Seeing as there are non in stock

You can hack it to work, with a bi colour LED.

Using a common anode LED place the anode to the LED+ pad, whatever colour you want in effects mode to the LED –  pad,  add a wire to the other cathode – leg and solder the other end to 3PDT lug 6 the bottom middle lug

It must be a common anode bi colour LED

All your actually doing is grounding 1 LED pin or the other to change colour via the switch, so effects colour cathode say green lug 4 connects to ground via lug 5 in effects mode and switched the other way bypass cathode colour say red connects lug 6 to ground

huile_smith
    Participant

Thanks, good to know
    I managed to finish the build without the wiring board and it seems to work fine. I’ll do proper tests soon.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.