Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Killer Bee circuit component (solved)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    huli50
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased and am in the middle of building the Killer Bee circuit. I saw the forum topic about the BOM and schematic discrepancy being discussed and that helped a lot. However, I have a couple more that I have not been able to find any previous discussion on:

1) R7 shows up as a 27k on all documents. I was shipped a 2.7k resistor. I checked this with a DMM multiple times. Should I circle back with Pedal Parts about this mistake? I happen to have an extra 33k resistor (I’m not using R14; I’m installing a 100k pot in the boost circuit instead). Can I use the 33k for R7?

2) There are 4 electrolytic capacitors that shipped with the kit: two 2u2, one 100u, and one 22u. The schematic and the BOM show the following: C4-2u2, C14-100u, C15-22u, and C16-22u. Should I have received two 22u capacitors instead of two 2u2 capacitors or should one of either C15 or C16 be 2u2? I’ve already installed the caps I was shipped assuming that C16 should be 2u2.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ed

Barry
    Keymaster

That is something Bruce will need to address.

I left him a message.

I am certain he will take care of it for you.

Bruce Robertson

Ed, my sincerest apologies for the problem with your order. I’ve sent you an email. We will get the parts sent out to you tomorrow. The 33k may work in place of 27k but generally when you substitute it’s best to stay within 10%, this is more like 20%. I don’t really care for the way it looks, however you could combine a 22k resistor with a 4.7 K resistor in serial (not parallel), creating a teepee in the spot for the 27k resistor.

I’m not sure what happened with the capacitors but apparently the entire drawer of 27k resistors was filled with 2.7 K resistors.

huli50
    Participant

Barry and Bruce,

Thanks for your quick replies. And I appreciate the efforts to get the right parts to me. I’ve already learned a lot from this first build due in large part to the personal attention and accessibility of you both. Keep up the good work.

Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart