Home Forums Show Off Your Build It’s ALIVE!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

It works!  And it took just 6 years to complete.

The box:

The guts:

What is it?  David Rolo’s Liquid Mercury Phaser v2 (taptempo, 6 stage) – two huge boards stacked on top of each other with 9 interconnections with 124 components.  Some of the build delay was due to the cost and availability of the optocouplers, the rest of the delay was my unwavering certainty that there was no way I could make this work.  Pulled up my big-boy britches yesterday, fired up the soldering iron and went to work.  Plugged it in and it worked almost perfectly – the only issue was I had somehow managed to purchase and install a momentary 3PDT switch so the only way to shut it off was to hold the switch down.  It’s a great sounding phaser but having to keep a toe on the switch anytime I don’t want phaser could be an issue so I robbed a standard 3PDT from another build.  I’m still fiddling with some of the controls (there are a lot) – from left to right, top to bottom they are Multiplier (regulates how the tapped tempo), Mix (dry signal/phase blend), Feedback (same as the switch on a P90), Rate, Symmetry (changes the ratio between the upper and lower waves), Depth (depth of the modulation), and Shape (selects between random, sine, triangular, and square wave shapes) – enough options to keep me busy for a while.

I feel a need to build something simple – where did I put that EMEXAR board?

Thanks for looking,

Chuck

Nate Zapotocky
    Participant

yikes. congrats on that feat of engineering.

fig
    Participant

Great build!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.