#1 – One of my first builds to box up so I went with a horizontal 1590BB so there was enough room for all the wayward wiring and to facilitate “no brainer” drilling. Unfortunately, I managed to drill the DC plug hole directly behind the footswitch by accident. I used high gain Ge transistors. I liked it, but wasn’t blown away and when a friend wanted it I gave it to him.
#2 – Upped my game and decided I could manage a 1590BB vertically. I used “Fuzz Face” values for the transistors. This one looked much better than the first but once again a friend came calling and it was given away. I was also convinced the high gain version sounded better.
#3 – Boxed this one in a 125B horizontally and I still have it. Went back to the high gain Ge transistors in it (around 120 and 150). I still have this one and it sounds great but I regret mounting it horizontally.
#4 – Decided that I wanted one mounted vertically and also to go back to some “Fuzz Face” values for the Ge’s. I went with a 1590B. I had to use 9mm pots but everything fit nicely.
Just wanted to share some pictures before it gets the “final touches” tomorrow when I fulfill my promise to my 7 year old daughter and let her “decorate it” with paint pens. Not nearly as clean and tidy as some of the build I have seen on here but at least it doesn’t have an errant hole drilled behind the footswitch.
And my less than elegant way to ease my mind about the PCB moving around. The board rests in between the 2 pieces of double sided foam tape.
Thanks! I was a little surprised that I had to cut the 5 pot board down to fit in my 1590B…I was certain I had looked up the dimensions. But, it was a quick job and might be down to the enclosures I have. I have a few more boards and just looking for good projects to use them on…maybe even a 3 pot / 2 switch build.