Home Forums Show Off Your Build First Time Build

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Simmental
    Participant

Gday everyone. I’m so pleased with my first ever pedal build. I have done mods before but this is the start of something.
    Im extremely happy with the LED foot switch. I think everything I make will have them

it’s a Photon Fuzz, sounds great! Goes from just glitchy fuzz,with a single coil, to nearly a clean overdrive. Humbuckers give real fat fuzz tones. Sounds even better with a drive pedal in front of it  

Geno Mears
    Participant

Awesome job… love the enclosure graphics, and the LED ring on the FS.

Be Careful this is SOOOO Addicting.

Simmental
    Participant

Thanks @Geno Mears, I learnt a lot, especially about paint!!!

Geno Mears
    Participant

Yes… I’ve been building now for a few months, and I can easily say that I’ve had the most frustration and biggest revelations when it comes to Enclosure decorating… paints (different kinds?  which clear coat works with which paints, etc…); decals (etching vs clear waterslide vs white waterslide, etc… ); prep, primer, all of it.   I think the enclosure takes the most time, as well, which I would have NEVER thought before starting this hobby.

Billy

For a first pedal that’s excellent looks great

Simmental
    Participant

Thanks @Billy.  I took my time and planned everything before I started. Had to consult a mate who builds amps  at the last stage.

artwork I knocked up quickly.

The paint was the hardest thing. Painted it here a couple weeks ago when winter had just hit. Was a bit cold to set paint well.

Next build will be a distortion with multiple clipping options of my design….I’ve pinched ideas from all over the internet. I’m going to point to point build it from scratch. I’m positive it WONT work first time!!

Billy

Paintings not my strong point

The secret to getting it right I think is nice light even coats and allowing it to dry

When I do paint, impatient as I am I always leave it to dry overnight

Getting your spray distance right is important also squirting the nozzle to clear any paint build up stops drips etc all together you’ll get a nice run free coating

You’ve done a great job

Barry W Davis
    Participant

Very nice graphics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.

Cart