Home Forums Show Off Your Build Enchanted Fuzz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

This is my BMP OA with a Tone TwEQ inserted as per a thread I had running a few months ago. It’s to the specs of the Wilkie mod listed in the build doc, where the Tone and Vol pots are removed from the main board and the TT is inserted at the A pad. Works brilliantly. Just as I got this up and running I drew my boss in our last minute company gift exchange. He’s a bass player and I only had a week to get it together. So I got my graphics and poly on and tonight finished it up. I will 100% be building this again for myself. I’d been planning this for close to a year. It sounds amazing. I hope he digs it. He’s a huge Python fan. He also let me borrow his original early 70s Big Muff and it was decisively what made me a fan of the Muff circuit. That sound blew me away and I’ve been chasing it ever since.

When I rebuild my own version of this again I’ll likely tap into this pile of 914s and put either a DPDT switch or a full Rototone switch in to play with some variations. 

Scott Preston
    Participant

Nice build, I look forward to building this one soon as well.  I really like the Tone Tweq mod idea, and as you said with a roto switch / diode combo you will have a lot of clipping options.

-S

Matt
    Participant

Thanks. I never even got to experiment with other diodes. Normally I’d be all over that. But the sudden time crunch got the best of me. This is also the first “completed” build (labled and finished) ive done since about January. Moving really took a lot out of my abilities. I’ve been set up for a little while but just haven’t been able to get it together. I have one more circuit done that just needs to be printed and finished for the forum here. And a couple others that are… stalled. Too weird to decide what to do next.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“That’s the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent y’ ever set eyes on!” Love it.

Barry
    Keymaster

Well executed and thanks for sharing.

Adding a Tone TwEQ to anything that has a simple passive tone control will Boutique the crap out of it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart