Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Emerald Ring (solved)

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

Thank you so much for the detailled reply. I will try this on Wendesday!

Have a great week-end!

wilkie1

Attach the black ground wire from the Emerald board to any spare ground pad on the 3PDT board.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey!

I’ve noticed that your answer describes somthing similar as to what’s being shown here:

My pedal isn’t a Mastodon fuzz but that shouldn’t bother, right?

Anyway, I’ve followed the diagram shown on the upper image but to no avail. I really don’t know how I’ve managed to make my pedal work with a weird wiring but cannot make it work with the (I presume) correct wiring.

Here is a GD folder containing some pictures of my build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-R43QVW-CwRn64G1ZTbbVd3Jndww2m62

Thank you very much and sorry for bothering,

Gaétan

Barry
    Keymaster

Please follow this UNIVERSAL diagram which can be found on the Guides Page:

From your picture library you have the Yellow wire going to the Mono Jack connected to the (Sleeve) or ground instead of the Audio Tip lug. Reverse them.

As for sharing of “common grounds” there are many ways to do that which is why we have extra pads on the boards to suit any builders style. It will all work as long as ground is found to be shared from power to main board to wiring board and Jacks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. Pretty sure I had done this because it wasn’t working the other way but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Did the modification but still no signal whatsoever. Not linking any pictures because I haven’t changed anything else appart from what you’ve told me to do. What should I do?

Thanks!

Cybercow

Considering you made changes, it’s crucial that we also have updated, clear, close-up photos of the entire assembly, as well as both sides of the PCB, the jacks and the stompswitch. Without clear, updated pictures, we cannot verify what may still be wrong. It’s also important that the universal wiring diagram is followed.

moo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’ll take some pictures on monday.

Thank you for being patient!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Here are the pictures as promised (I can send some more if needed):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10–JyWKFaVbNonoZM-rwUxlBkdzQ-jR4

The wiring is based off the last diagram I’ve sent.

Thanks!

wilkie1

I apologize.  In my previous post, I was using a different style stereo jack to guide you.  I have now used the same jack that you are using to give you this advice.

Your recent photo is show the stereo IN jack with the incorrect wiring.  Exchange the position of the yellow (IN) wire and the black wire connected to the battery clip. Now when your guitar plug is inserted into the jack, the tip should make contact with the yellow IN wire.

If this provides signal but you are still not getting the proper LED colors, rotate the LED in the socket.  That should correct the colors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

Thank you for your answer. I’ve applied the modification you told me about and now the signal gets through the pedal when it’s bypassed, still not getting anything when the pedal is activated, though. What could it be?

Thank you very much!

P.S. – Here is the current state of the build (without wilikie1’s modification): https://drive.google.com/open?id=10–JyWKFaVbNonoZM-rwUxlBkdzQ-jR4

wilkie1

Power?  IS the LED lit when in bypass?  Is it the correct color?  If not , reverse the LED and confirrn correct color in both foot switch positions.

Confirm you have power at the +9V pad on the main board.

Cybercow

Gaétan – The wiring appears correct from what I can see .As Wilkie asked, does the LED change colors when the pedal is powered and the stompswitch is actuated? Do you have and\or know how to use an audio probe?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

The LED isn’t turning on no matter it’s orientation or the pedal state. I thought I had managed to fix my +9V solder joint even though the pad had come off but I’m just realising now that it is in fact not connected to the C5 capacitor, which is most likely why the pedal isn’t working. I will try fixing this and will get back to you guys as soon as I’m done with it.

Again, thank you so much. I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good news everyone, the pedal is working! The only thing that’s still not functioning is the LED, do I actually need a resistor for it?

Here is a video and a few photos showing the current state of the build: click me (the IN jack wiring in the pictures (not the video) has since been changed)

Thank you!

Cybercow

Gaétan – yes, for the LED to work in that daughterboard, the CLR needs to be in place. Without it, the circuit to light the LED is not complete. You can use any value between 1K and 4K7 Ω. Anything higher and may not be bright enough.

moo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just realised my mistake, I’ve used the CLR on the main board instead of using it on the 3DPT wiring board.

I’ll get back to you guys once I have fixed this!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.