Home Forums GuitarPCB Build Support Emerald Ring (solved)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey guys, first time posting here!

My Emerald Ring/3DPT Wiring Board kit won’t work and I have no idea why.

Here’s a video showing my work:

Any help is appreciated!

Cybercow

You have the ground and signal wires revered on the Emerald Ring PCB. Notice the little, tiny “T” on the silkscreen where your blue and black wires connect. The blue wires need to be connected to the “T” pads and the black wires go to the other pad. Good luck!

Anonymous

Hello Cybercow,

Thank you very much for replying. The blue wires already seem to be connected to the “T” pads. What else could it be?

Thanks again!

Anonymous

EDIT: I have no signal whether or not the pedal is bypassed. The only thing I get is a faint buzz/weird sound when the pedal is activated. I do get a distorted signal when I solder the cable that’s supposed to be on sleeve on the biggest part.

Anonymous

See this picture:

Also the LED isn’t working at all.

wilkie1

It looks like the input jack is wired incorrectly.  I think I see the Tip and Sleeve wires reversed.

Also, the circuit will not power up unless a plug is inserted into the IN jack.

Anonymous

Hello!

Thank you for your help, I will try inversing those tomorrow! Just wondering: is the Emerald Ring supposed to sound distorted? I did manage to get a sound of it but it was really distorted as I mentionned earlier.

Thanks again!

wilkie1

The Emerald Ring will sound best when used after a fuzz or another distortion type pedal.  The more complex the signal, the more the octave effect will be noticed.  Let us know if you solve your issue.

Cybercow

Thanks for jumping in Wilkie – I didn’t catch that. It’s a little difficult making out the connects in video as opposed to simple, good, clear photos.

wilkie1

We often need more than one set of eyes.  I just paused his video to look closer, but I couldn’t enlarge it.

Anonymous

Hello guys!

I’ve soldered the ground wire back on the biggest shaft of the input jack just like I had done yesterday and it works perfectly! The reason I had undone that modification yesterday was because I thought the pedal wasn’t supposed to sound distorted.

The LED still doesn’t work though, what could it be? I’ve tried turning it the other way around but that doesn’t seem to be problem. I can take some detailled pictures of the build if needed.

Thank you very much!

Anonymous

Hello,

Bad news everyone: I wanted to change the wiring to something proprer and now I’m back to my starting point. No singal when the pedal is activated, what could it be?

Thank you very much and sorry for being such a noob.

Here is the current wiring:

Barry
    Keymaster

If there is no signal it is a wiring issue most likely but we cannot see the connections you have made to the Input side of the wiring board to Main Board with that photo. Revisit all of your wiring connections. Make sure you have solid connections everywhere. The one ground connected to the wiring board does not look very secure.

Anonymous

Here a few other pictures I’ve taken:

Hope it helps!

Barry
    Keymaster

Black ground wires appear to be connected to the side of  Tip Jack?

It should be like this:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu

Cart